Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Out of banks, into credit unions... NOT ENUFF!!!

We not only have to pull our money out of banks, but we have to cut up credit cards, take our mortgages, loans, 'investments' - whatever relationship we might have with a bank - out of banks, out of wall street, out of corporations, TERMINATE those relationships.

I think we have to face the fact that the american 'dream' is actually the 'amerikkkan nitemare' - not just for the people we have to deprive, oppress, rob, and commit genocide against in order to be us and have what we have, but it is also a nitemare for those of us who pursue this dream/nitemare.

For war & genocide & the ripping off of people's resources, lives, and lands goes hand-in-hand (as entwined as salt in the ocean) with 'affluence', with being the richest nation in the world, with consuming (or at the very least having access to) up to 60% of the world's resources for 5% of the world's people.
We, as a people, have been mostly solely focused on our innate right to pursue and obtain the riches promised by the 'american dream'; most of us have not examined closely the other threads, the underside, that make this 'dream' possible.
Mainly those threads are kill, kill, kill so we can have, have, have. It’s so simple, and started when europeans first landed on these shores and decided to use any means to take over this land - and has continued to today, as we expanded to taking over lands around the world.

So it is time - past time - to shun the amerikkkan nitemare, to divest ourselves of the spoils of genocide, to relinquish all that has enabled especially white men to become billionaires, millionaires, very rich in our country.
Most, if not all but a handful, of us in this country are the 1% of the world. So we have this great opportunity to role model for the 1% in this country, how the 1% of the planet will act to care for and take care of the other 99% of our planet.
My 2 cntz this morning on our cusp of attacking (or not!!!) yet another country, and most likely with drones - unless we act now!


Post a Comment

<< Home