Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Cadillac Ranch Opportunities

 We made a brief detour to the Cadillac Ranch (traveling with a youngster has its moments, for sure!).

Cadillac Ranch is a place outside of Amarillo where someone, an arteeest, has buried several cadillacs, nose first (or maybe feet first - my cadillac anatomy is lacking) into the ground so they are nearly perpendicular to the earth. I’m told they are at the same angle as a pyrimad.
Okay.
These cadillacs are painted heavily over the 30 or 40 or so odd years they've been there. We know this is an opportunity to make our statements!
We've added a big "bush" painted in white in a black circle with a red line thru the bush and surrounding the circle. 
I’ll try to post the picture later help laura! 
Doesn't this look like what Bush is doing to the country?


We also painted "CodePINK: women for peace" and stuck “pink slip bush” stickers in appropriate places!
Now we're rushing off to New Mexico, a swing state, where we will register voters and spread imprison bush!  



The Code Pink message, brought to Cadillac Ranch in Texas.

1 Comments:

  • At 8/4/06 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home