Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

sarasota - 21 days left

we've been so busy, meeting w/codepink, getting the lay of the land, connecting w/local activists, tabling, attending events, etc. florida is sizzling: lots of strong pro-kerry support, lots of angry old white bush support - we traveled to venice this morning to check out the chamber of commer. venice is a southern part of sarasota country, katherine harris territory. on the way we stopped at an espresso shop & were greeted by several supportive folks. a 40-ish white male talked about the amount of pure hatred so many folks feel for bush; an older white woman expressed her determination & hope in ridding our country of bush & ALL his coharts.
gotta run - more later - just know florida is severely divided - AND the haves & the have mores are planning on launching HUGE anit-kerry campaigns, anti-demo campaigns - especially as bush's lies are wearing thin to the most uninformed among us - we NEED your help - be here if you can! peace, sam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home