Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Monday, February 27, 2006

Mid Texas and CodePINKer's

It is so black here in mid-Texas - the sunset was gorgeous, wide over the horizon and spreading around almost 360 degrees of pinks & yellows and reds. Then total darkeness. There is no moon, no stars, no street lights, no distance flickering of a living room light or tv screen in an occasional home.

The only light comes from headlights & reflectors on the sides of the road. The road is so straight that even the light from the on-coming traffic, sparse as it is, illuminates nothing but the road in front of them. I can't tell if the terrain is flat or hilly, full of cactus or trees, or just miles of sand and chaparrel.

I drive on, watching the fuel gage, and straining to see anything beyond the asphalt. Finally I see lights in the distance - looks like a city coming up. I see the lights for mile after mile after mile. It doesn't seem to be getting any closer.

When I do finally get closer, the lights start to thin out - they only appear to be a cluster, but they are really spread out over lots of land - individual lights, not a city. I keep driving.

I finally get to a rest stop & pull in to sleep. It seems small for all the space around, yet safe enough. peace, sam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home