Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Friday, October 19, 2007

Stories from the Station: Support from the Homefront to be continued

I cannot forget to write about all the little, unique, and very important ways people are stepping forward to support our work as they start to realize there actually IS a recruiting station in Berkeley.

A womon has brought us bottles of water; another came by to give us quarters for the meters; another feeds the meter by my truck every afternoon before she walks past; a fellow on a bike comes and brings us home-made sushi and once he brought us home-made truffles!

Another time I went into the coffee shop and a womon jumped up and asked if she could by me whatever I was having; another time a womon came by with food and another womon came by to take me across the street and buy me a sandwich for lunch.

Amy comes almost every day and makes a mandala peace symbol on the sidewalk, although she says its not really a mandala, not so brilliant and creative she claims - but her mandalas are stunning, beautiful, and inspiring - and all made from nature, things she collects as she walks around.

The coffee shop, People's Cafe, let's us keep the protest bag in the corner there, overnite, over the weekend, so it is available for whomever wants to come and protest, even if we're not there.

The copy owner is gracious, discounts our copies, and allows us to lean posters, photos of the Real Faces of War against his building.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home