Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Friday, January 16, 2009

I have ARRIVED!!!

Finally, I pull into Silver Spring, Maryland - right outside of D.C., where I am meeting my daughter and grandchild. They are at her friend's home, where they have graciously allowed me to park my truck when not using it.

Her friend has bought a bumper sticker for my truck. It says "Stop Bitching and Start the Revolution"!

Well, I think the revolution has begun... or is continuing! The nearer I drove to D.C. this evening, the more positive responses showered the messages on the truck - especially when I was sitting on the beltway amidst all the other thousands of inauguration-goers!

A car full of womyn leaned out windows, clapping and cheering. A couple of guys inched slowly by shouting "right-on, sistah" and "welcome to D.C.". Many other people rolled down their windows in the low 20's weather to flash peace symbols, clenched fists, and other happy, excited greetings.

Several folks shouted "Out of Iraq" and one "Not to Afghanistan". At least that is what it sounded like.

When I park my truck, I am dismayed to find out that chalky white salt has covered the back, making the words almost indistinguishable without bright lights. I hope it will get warm enough for me to make it spiffy again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home