Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Monday, May 17, 2010

I just can't take it anymore - dispartiy among u.s.a. citizens

According to the state department, Black families make TEN CENTS to every ONE DOLLAR that comparable white families make.

Since 1984, the wealth gap between Blacks and whites grow FOUR times larger: the median asset of whites $22,000 grew to $100,000; the median asset among Blacks $2,000 grew to $5,000.

Illegal drug use among the white population is 17%; illegal drug use among the Black population is 17%.

Conviction rate for white drug users is 17%; conviction rate for Black drug users is 69%.

I just can't take it anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home