Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Alma misses her plane!

Alma emails just before I'm getting ready to head out to the Holiday Inn - she has missed her plane, sitting on the toilet, it has taken off without her. Now she's coming in on the next plane that won't get in until 11pm!

I am unable to sleep as my alarm does not consistently work and I don't want to miss meeting her at the Holiday Inn. I do not look forward to walking to the Holiday Inn at 11:30 at night but, oh well.

I keep checking the internet around 10, when the plane is to take off, and 10:30 and 11pm. It says it's scheduled, on time, 20 minutes late taking off, but that is it.

By 11:30 I am worried she will be there before me so I leave the RV park and head toward our rendezvous point and a good thing to! As I'm walking down the gravel road out of the park, someone is locking a gate across the road!

I am horrified - I could have gotten locked out! He agrees to leave the padlock on the gate "pretend" locked - I can't believe I get him to understand me.

Out in front of the Holiday Inn, I wait and wait, get online, keep trying to figure it out. Alma is silent, no emails, nothing - I should have told her to email when she lands but who knows if there's internet or not at the airport.

Finally, I speak with the guards hanging out in front of the hotel with me. It is after midnight now & I can't get online as the Holiday Inn's wi-fi is password protected. grrrrr

One of the guards goes inside and calls the airport. He comes back with a neatly printed note of the numbers for the airport. He tells me what I think is the airport is closed. I'm like, impossible, my friend hasn't landed yet.

I am worried about the gate - and walking around the streets of Mazatlan carrying my laptop, after midnite - so I leave a note for Alma with the so friendly guards who know where the RV park is, and return to find the gate "pretend" locked.

I lock it for true, and return to sit below the office with my computer. Finally I get an email from Alma saying she is still in Mexico City with 50 other people on her flight -  the Mazatlan airport is closed and they are spending the nite in Mexico City - and they will fly out early in the morning.

I am to meet her around 11am this time - so she won't be able to do the buffett and $50 sales pitch with me. I'll do it and let her know all about it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home