Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Visualize train going

We've landed in NYC! I'm excited to be back here after a long time. We take the air train to the subway. One stop before ours, the train is unable to move.

We wait as the doors close, and then open again, just to close - but not until letting even more New Yorkers crowd in.

Jasi gets more and more restless, along with all of us. He asks his mom why is the train not going?

She tells him that if he wants the train to move, he must visualize it moving.

The train doesn't move. We end up tumbling out onto the street, waiting for buses to come shuttle us to another station where we catch a train that is running & then the subway.

And I wonder what he thinks, if he truly believed he just had to visualize the train going, should he even have the faintest idea at 3 years old (almost 4), as brilliant and perceptive as he is (as his mother was before him, and maybe even his grandmother before her - who's left to witness?), can he wrap his mind around visualizing anything, let alone the failure of visualizing manifesting itself in the action?

I suppose the new ager visualizers would claim victory should the train ever moved, but not defeat as it didnt', but say what? He wasn't putting enough energy, enough power, enough want into visualizing?

Didn't the boys during the 1980's, succumbing to HIV/Aids, teach us a sad and painful lesson about "visualization"?

Ess a bagel here we come! I certainly can visualize that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home