Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Hot Pink, Red and Blue

We have to be towed to another truck place, one we passed on the highway - the officer apologizes for passing it by as he had us following him into town.

When we get to the trucking place, I notice immediately it is full of white males - one white female works behind the counter answering the phones, of course.

A very tall, big and kinda young white man approaches me, grinning, informing me that - he sweeps his hand horizontally from left to right across his forehead, indicating the part of Illinois that is "blue".

He wants me to know that those 5 inches of the top northern part of Illinois is blue - and the rest of us are red! Did I know I was in the red part? hmmmmm

Then he glances at the anti-monsanto mural, squints to his buddies who have joined him, and waves in a kinda southernly and easternly direction, telling me that monsanto is the largest employer in these parts here.

Okay.

I am happy it only cost $90 to tow my truck and the tow truck is a bright neon pink with royal blue trim. hmmmm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home