Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Friday, May 13, 2016

Day 4

My routine is down now - I wake up between 6 and 7, step out the door onto the beach, stretch, run 30 minutes, tibetan stretches, buffet breakfast, and then my day starts.

I get a bicycle again and this time head east to Las Guanas Sendero - I have not been able to attach pics to my blog here in Cuba = the internet is VERY slow. But I will as soon as possible. The natural beauty of Cuba is only topped by the calm, loving beauty of her people, especially the womyn.

I feel it is my duty to warn as many people as possible of the potential destruction capitalism will probably make of their amazing calm ways and lives.

No one seems afraid to talk with me, no one shies away from the difficult questions. No one is censoring me or restricting my movements. People are not whispering or looking over their shoulders when I ask about communism, about equality, about womyn's rights, about privatizing businesses. I put this in here now because an acquaintance in the U.S. who is from Cuba warned me that this would happen.

Today I asked two womyn about their fears: they laughed out loud when I mentioned my Cuban American friend saying they would be punished if they spoke against the government. Again, one womon spoke more  English that the other, so she would correct my Spanish and also translate for the other womon. Both womyn were so interested in talking with me.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home