Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Friday, June 24, 2016

Billboards usa




When I was traveling thru Cuba, I wanted to make a picture book of Cuban bus stops, they were so interesting, sometimes colorful, unique.

When traveling thru the usa, I've always wanted to make a picture book of billboards, they are so interesting, absurd, and reflective of u.s.ofa. mentality.

Leaving and then re-entering Georgia yesterday, I see a huge:

TRUMP

spread in Black letters across a white background, and scrawled across the length of the bill board underneath was written:

Pray for our nation: Take our country back

Passing thru an especially industrial area of Nashville Tennessee, this is a kinda good one catches my eye:

“Buying girls on line?
Real men don’t do it”

Although it should say “Buying girls on line? Fuckin go to JAIL for LIFE!” Well, life might be too expensive, given our jails are money makers for private corporations now. 25 years.

And now, leaving Freeport, Il, heading down a 2 lane 'highway' that runs north/south thru the state and will connect me with I80, I pass through a scattering of small 5-10 street towns with 550 people to a couple larger ones, maybe 2,245 people. These are the typical old towns I used to love to cautiously stop in - at yard sales, thrift shops, antique stores and hunt for treasures.

Today, just south on the outskirts of one such small town, I see this homemade huge billboard dominating the huger front yard, green grass brought to you by roundup I'm sure.






"Enemy's Like"???? Is that the like of the enemy? The Whites....hmmmm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home