Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Monday, October 03, 2016

What is not here….



Taking the cutoff on hwy 46 going east from 5 to 99, I can’t believe the ‘development’ as I approach the near half-way point between the major north/south highways where the only visage of civilization between the almond orchards and artichoke fields used to be one flashing caution yellow light where the gas station was, next to a little convenience store, liquor store and an insurance office I think across the street with literally 2 blocks of houses.

Now omg the first thing I see approaching the ‘town’ is a giant walmart is 10 times the size of what the town used to be - & now the ‘town’ appears to be a convenience chain strip mall stretching for at least a mile of a row of single businesses flanking both sides of the highway – macdonalds, big o tires, all the fast food places, funeral homes, their back doors cushioned with a couple rows of identical brown derelict houses already looking decayed and deserted.

But what is not here is any trump signs, which I’m thrilled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home