Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Sunday, December 11, 2016

The incredible blanket of snow

I wake up at as usual at 5 relieved to be still toasty warm and comfortable, and force myself to layer up for the short trip to the latrines. As I open the door and descend the camper steps, I'm so immediately engulfed by the deepest, stillest silence I take no notice of the sharp cold nor my breath billowing like a dragon's heavy breathing.

It has snowed!!!! The entire world is so softly and warmly blanketed, I cannot hear one little sound. It is still dark yet somehow glowing. I search fruitlessly for a moon or star, and pivot around to determine if the eerie glow emanates from the hated black snake's klieg lights but they too have been squelched.

The snow is so soft, only about 2 inches, but so thoroughly embracing everything I don't even hear my footsteps as I should.

I rejoice in the beautiful silence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home