Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Saturday, December 15, 2018

Oh no, broken toe!

Things are NOT going as planned these past 2 days.

First of all, yesterday morning my 20 minute oil change took 2.5 hours.

Then when I went to do a few last minute updates on my camper, I attempted to shut the back roll up door & the cable hinge tore out of the bottom corner where the wood rotten & the iron bolts rusted 2 almost nothing.

We worked for the next 7, that's right SEVEN hours trying 2 fix (in the rain & into the dark) that damn cable - unsuccessfully....grrrr

Now, this a.m., completing last minute tasks before dashing out the door to meet folks who are donating goods for me to bring to the border, I step on something in my small cubby and trip over my grandchild's bike & break my toe...

So I'm sitting in the emergency room with a pair of crutches, xrayed & waiting for the doc to fix my toe so I can head out to the southern California border.

Please be patient with me & my injured toe. Soooooooo sorry for any inconvenience- I truly wish I could have prevented this.

It's my clutch foot!!!! Grrrrrrr & my toe is bent at a very odd angle. I did try to bandage my 2 toes together but it was too painful.

I will keep you posted with details of Plan B!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home