Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Saturday, April 13, 2019

Male violence...

Yet again, two womyn are sitting at a small round table in the outdoor area of a bar, their heads almost touching, deep in a conversation that is obviously intimate. It is Womyn's Weekend here at Rehoboth Beach, which I don't think is a secret, so there are LOTS of dykes around.

A scruffy white man, tall, bearded and tattooed swings around from the bar, spots the womyn and starts cat-calling and yelling across a few tables, puckering his thin chapped lips, making kissie noises. When they ignore him while his buddies hoot, he is compelled to leave the bar and walk around to the front railing where they are perched behind.

He leans over, putting his elbows on the table with the widest grin and informs the womyn that he wants to see them make-out. He says it loud enough so his friends at the bar can hear but barely above their hysterical laughter.

The womyn smile and lean back, examine their check and rise to leave - must to the man's deeply expressed chagrin he won't see them making out.

I'm livid. I think about men who dress as what society says women should dress, who get 'insulted' when someone calls them 'sir' - and yet lesbians have to deal with this hatred and disrespect without one person in that bar standing up to this violence and for these womyn and all womyn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home