Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Saturday, March 14, 2020

Change is not only possible but is REAL!

It's sooooo difficult to comprehend the willingness to make drastic changes when we fear for our own life-destroying lives and not when we know 22,000 CHILDREN die of starvation every day in our world as we in the u.s.ofa. toss enuff food to fill the Rose Bowl, often twice every day.

Or when we know 700 people in OUR wealthy country die every day from POVERTY.

Or when we know bees will disappear in 10 years because we love to spray pesticides, herbicides & get 'cheap' food.

Or that millions of womyn and girls are being murdered by men who 'love' them or have purchased their bodies from other men.

Or that over 1000 people every day are being murdered in wars we are conducting or war zones in which we supply over 74% of the weapons & military 'training'.

Then we deny that it's possible to change and change so quickly.

Of course, it's impossible because we don't really want to. Now we 'want' to, as our lives are being threatened.

I can only hope once we realize how easily we can change we will continue to do the things - or not do - we need to do to sustain life on our planet as well as our very planet's life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home