Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Monday, June 08, 2020

Making it more palatable for white people....NOT

There was a discussion on my daughter's next door list where white people were attempting to rename Black Lives Matter to something more palatable for white people. Of course, I had to jump into the conversation.

Shortly after posting the below paragraph, I found my account shut down do to violating 'community standards'.

Here is what I wrote: 

Dearest white people: white people no longer get to decide what we are going to call Black people nor what Black people are going to call themselves. We only get to listen, accept - and if we're really against racism, support. I would love to discuss this and other topics centering around racism/antiracism with especially white women although open to all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home