Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Friday, March 26, 2004

The arthritic fuck u!!!


Hi folks!!! I’m on the road again! I didn’t pull outta sunny, warm Oakland until almost 3:00p.m., right before rush hour. It has been fairly quiet this time – leaving California of course, so many yeahs, peace symbols, I love you’s!
Then one old white man in a silver american car so new he was still sporting the dealer’s paper in the window, raised knobby arthritic fingers in a crooked ‘fuck you’!
Nevada was extremely quiet – where as last time I received at least 6 or 7 fingers, this time only 1!
Pulling through Utah early in the chilly grey morning, I got a whopping 8 to 1 positive to negative responses – ufb! Last time in salt lake at the gas station I had to stay alert and calmly leave, the vibes were so bad. This time only nods and cordial faces! Huge white snowflakes were falling, maybe blanketing fingers as well as the ground, contributing to the quiet.
An old-timer told me incredulously that yesterday it was almost 80 degrees – today it is snowing and in the low 20’s. Hard for folks who might believe ‘global warming’ is a liberal conspiracy to explain!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home