Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

regrouping and the fight back

We meet at Florida State University 7:00p.m. -= there are at least 30 people who come to the last minute meeting. We spend the first hour updating ourselves on the election results, the reported incidents of fraud, the terrible voter disenfranchisement that occurred in this state as well as Ohio & elsewhere. We discuss and rave about the unfairness, the shock, the exit polls, the touch screen results vs the paper ballots. Someone mentions how pennsylvania, a swing state without touch screen, goes to Kerry; while the swing states w/touch screen go to bush - hmmmm.
Our tears are turning into rage & action. We talk about plans for the future - we are going to demonstrate at least thursday & friday in front of the capital, march to the governor's office and then have a democracy die-in there. We are going to make signs like: "count every vote" "we do not concede our democracy" "no stolen election".
I decide I need to go home to California so I'll head to Atlanta after I take a nap. Ariel is going to stay for the demo; Andrea & Chris are also heading to California where we'll all take a respid, regroup and be ready to go forward.
We have so much work to do. Even if bush stole the election, there were still way too many americans voting for him & his anti-democracy, anti-christian, anti-life, anti-people agenda. We cannot allow him and the republicans to take our english and turn it into lies and misinformation. We cannot allow them to make 'moral values' something that means bigotry and controlling women's lives. These are not moral. I voted on my moral values. period.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home