Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Monday, January 31, 2005

preliminary codepink 2005 resolutions

10 cp resolutions for 2005:
1. I will encourage a woman to be a catalyst for change.
2. I will learn the meaning of depleted uranium.
3. I will reach out to a woman who is different from me and bring her to CodePink
4. I will work to reduce violence against women & children in my community, including the violence of poverty, racism, sexism.
5. I will defend the rights of others.
6. I will make one major change in my lifestyle that will reduce my negative impact on the earth. The money, time, energy I save from this change, I will contribute to CodePink.
7. I will attend at least one CodePink Peace vigil per month.
8. I will take responsibility for organizing one CodePink Action.
9. I will find & engage a woman, who is "non-political" or who supports Bush, in a political discussion once a week.
10. I will chose an area of concern (from the following list or other) that deeply touches me; research, be cognizant and informed about this concern; and I will write a quarter page info sheet for CodePink:
* iraq
*social security
* trees in California
*anti-war toys campaign
* walmart
*voter bill of rights
* prisons
*ex-felon disenfranchisement
* roe v wade
*racism in CodePink
* hummers in my town
*living wage
* defeating a president, governor, senator
*drilling in Alaska
* welfare
*nuclear weapons program
* alternative energy
*taxing the rich
* water
*global warming
* abolishing "no child left behind"
*teachers’ rights
* patriot act
*outsourcing jobs
* bush's latest executive order
*sweatshop labor
* military recruiters in high school, colleges, malls
*corporate political support
* my repesentative's votes
*glass ceiling
* my newspaper's news
*universal health care

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home