Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Thursday, June 01, 2006

they have nuclear weapons...

One of the school groups we face today appear to be white, affluent, and vocal in their support of war and loving Bush.

Between the loud heckling and even louder praises, one young white male yells out: “but they have nuclear weapons!”

I have the megaphone. I ask these young people: “Who knows which country in the whole entire world has ever dropped nuclear bombs on civilians?”

They fall silent. I raise my hand “Who knows – which country in our world has used nuclear weapons on human beings?”

They look at each other. I see shrugs & open palms.

“The United States is the ONLY country in the world who has used nuclear bombs on people. Not just once, but twice!”

I ask “Who knows how many human beings lost their lives the days the bombs were dropped?”

They are all totally silent, staring at me wide-mouthed. I tell them “250,000 one time and 150,000 the next.”

“What terrorists have killed 400,000 people in 2 days?”

There teacher has begun herding them away from the White House and into the park, out of megaphone range.

2 Comments:

  • At 3/6/06 11:01 PM, Blogger Wild Bill said…

    I don't blame the teacher for moving the students away from a lunatic like you.

    I'm sure you forgot to tell the students why we dropped the nukes on Japan. I'm also sure you conveniently forgot to tell them that soon after, the Japanese surrendered and the war was over.

    America has enough nuclear bombs to kill almost every person on the planet, if we are "terrorist" like you claim, then why don't we use our nuclear weapons on civilians until they are all gone? Let me answer that question for you because I am sure it escapes your infinitesimal intellect. America wants peace, but sometimes to achieve peace you have to fight for it. Yes we dropped nuclear weapons on Japan, we could have drop more. We could have killed every living creature in Japan, but we did not. We only dropped the bombs to stop the war. How many millions of lives were saved because America did not have to invade Japan to end the war?

    If terrorists get their hands on nukes do you think your megaphone will stop them from using them?

     
  • At 14/7/06 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Like we attacked Japan? You loon. Japan attacked us with the intent of killing every last one of us. I hope this never happens to anyone, but what would you do if someone broke into your house with the intent of destroying everything in it and taking your life. What would you do? Or if the individual decided to rape and kill your child, what would you do? Would you grab your child by the hair and pull his head back so the insane killer could slit his thoat more efficiently? Anyone who will not defend his children based on some loony notion of pacifism is a moral imbecile. The United States was, and IS defending herself and her children. Perhaps people with your views would be more believeable is you were to look up thinks like the Nanking, I may be wrong on the spelling there, massacre. Yes, we dropped the bomb. Thank God we did. We actually did save millions of young American lives and millions of Japanese lives. And hear this - WE DID NOT START THAT WAR ANY MORE THAN WE STARTED THE TERRORISM THAT MORAL IDIOTS PERPETRATE AROUND THE WORLD. Forgive me, you disgust me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home