Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

halloween - to be continued

Off to south lake tahoe – driving down 50 looking for places to stop. Grocery store – along the highway. Judy paints peace symbols on our faces as we hold the banner in high winds, bluest skies, bright sunshine – freezing air! Positive responses, cell phone plugged up to outside outlet as we demonstrate.

Finally Marie joins us – she was driving into Tahoe to meet us when she sees the truck & our banner.

SLT Raley’s Parking lot – many folks approach, 75% more than positive. “Wish I had the guts to drive around like this.” “If you don’t like what it says, don’t read it.” a young womon screams out her car window as she drives by the older white male that is screaming at me the line that men are in Iraq to protect my right to do this –so I shouldn’t do it!

Police – SLT has a special city ordinance requiring a permit to assemble. HA!

I tell them to show me the ordinance and add if such an ordinance does exist, it is unconstitutional.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home