Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Greensboro Congressman Miller - to be continued

Sunny is very eloquent and energetic as she speaks about needing the Congressman’s support to bring home our troops NOW. We are meeting with his staff – the Congressman is in D.C., as is his chief of staff.

The womon is hoping we have petitions to drop off or signatures on something maybe. She talks about the great relationship Raleigh CodePINK has with the office and how they appreciate this relationship.

I try to bring the discussion back to ending war and reiterate the need for the Congressman to ACT against war, not just talk against war. We talk about the money, about how the issue is to allocate funds to bring our troops safely home or to allocate funds to continue the war effort.

This staffer is not familiar with the Congressman’s position on Barbara Lee’s new resolution but will pass on the message. We talk more about the origins and purposes of CodePINK. Sunny is brillian and well-informed as she talks of our need to build peace through social justice. I find out later she is a wimmin’s studies major and again I feel such hope for the future – providing we all step up to the plate and ensure that these young wimmin have a future!

I can easily see this young womon leading the country, let alone the world!

We meet another young womon when we return to the truck. She greets us heartily, loving the message, and declaring we HAVE to stop those fools – just what I had been thinking. Sunny takes down her info – she is interested in joining CodePINK! And I think we’ve a great beginning for a new CodePINK chapter in Greensboro!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home