Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Monday, May 14, 2007

Women Say PULL OUT NOW

mothers day monday 2007 001
mothers day monday 2007 003
mothers day monday 2007 004
mothers day monday 2007 005
Add caption                                                                                                        n San Francisco, we were out in front of Union Square with our very own replica of the Capitol, expertly produced by Renay, Martha, & Elisa!
 
Diana made a "Women say PULL OUT NOW" banner, Jane made one that said "Arise, Women Arise; and Joanna's said "Arise Women, Bewail the Dead; Iraqis & U.S. Soldiers say PULL OUT NOW". It was beautiful, freezing cold, and about rotating 6 cp'ers were the base group from 9a.m. until 6p.m., with others joining to stand in support for shorter periods.
 
Over 1000 people took flyers urging them to call their congress people, told the story of oil companies profiteering, and facts on the Iraq war and the Oil Benchmark. Many agreed to wear the number of U.S. soldiers dead - which has tragically grown by 5 more U.S. deaths this morning and hundreds of Iraqi deaths.
 
I'm going to attempt to attach photos - if it doesn't work, Elisa S will be getting them soon!
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home