Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Beautiful CP'ers & Western Mass

Driving out of Boston this a.m. with the dawn, I head down beautiful Route 2 into western Mass to meet with two awesome womyn & local cp coordinators, Priscilla and Tish. I'm so pleased to note that many fellow drivers pass honking, waving, smiling, snapping pictures, giving me the peace symbol out windows and thru sun roofs!

Priscilla and Tish have in their little town, an organic, fair trade coffee shop w/free wireless in the middle of what seems to be a sparsely populated, country scene of gorgeous, soft, rounded ‘mountains’ covered with rounded green trees and lots of lakes & rivers.

The dropped ceiling of this coffeehouse has ceiling panels that have been painted and decorated by community members. We sit under the CodePINK panel: a beautiful hot pink panel of fierce, active womyn protesting war and standing up for peace! Tish intends to place the panel in the CodePINK Hall of Fame 50 years from now after the coffeeshop closes!

We meet for over an hour, connecting, sharing organizing and kick-ass protesting stories, inspiring each other with our determination to end war now. They urge me to come back for the August 25th Kennebunkport action when Bush is ‘vacationing’; and I urge them to come to D.C. for the Women Hold our Ground for Peace Sept 11th – 21st action.

Lots of folks in this tiny town stop to look at the truck & take pictures. I hand out info and talk with several young white womyn – this town appears to be predominantly white – who are concerned about their friends who are in danger of being recruited.

And I’m off to find bio-diesel before heading on to Saratoga Springs and Glens Falls New York, which is right over the Mass/NY border. Congresswoman Gillibrand is the ONLY democrat legislator in the state that voted to fund war - and we are holding vigils in front of her offices and a peace-in in her offices at both little towns.

I just put out the alert last nite, after speaking with a couple of local womyn, and I have my fingers crossed!!! We’ll see how many show after a less than 20 hour notice. Probably most people didn’t get the info until this morning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home