Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Sunday, February 03, 2008

hate goes on... to be continued

I normally choose to respond to hate mail when I discern some hope for dialogue. Unfortunately, most hate mail is so vitriolic and even absurd, I put in on the bottom of the stack of things to get to if I ever have time and energy.

I include some samples of such hate mail - and my responses. I have hope that we who believe in change - as in a paradigm shift from living in a country and world where humans have somehow come to the common acceptance of the destroying of human life and all life to living in a country and world that only treasures and values human life and all life - must keep working for that paradigm shift.

Although I do not devote much time to dealing with the originators of hate, it does help to keep the vision clear and the words more precisely defined when facing such blatant hate.

I am including some of those hateful voices and my responses:

joshua nugent wrote: Peace is something that you will never deserve as long
as you live here in opposition of what gives you the
right to even open your mouth.
Freedom is not free and it is not for you. Support
what gives you this freedom, and we will quit asking
you to move.


I respond:
Joshua:
does this make any sense to you?

i have been given the right to open my mouth - as long as i don't open my mouth? as long as what comes out of my mouth is something YOU approve of?

and then YOU will give ME what i deserve? who the hell are you to decide what i deserve or do not deserve?

you want me to support YOU who will "give" me freedom if i do what you tell me to do?

this is the 21st century boy - get in gear. you have never given me freedom - nor has any white boy like yourself. mlk has 'given' me freedom; the suffragists have 'given' me freedom; mother jones has 'given' me freedom. not the likes of you and yours.

you have only used your superior physical strength and weaponry to justify hurting many, many, many people in order to bully everyone into your line of thinking and living.

what part of my freedom have you ever fought for? under your dictatorship, i am not free to express my opinion, let alone live in a country that you inhabit.

joshua - i come from a long line of freedom fighters and never once have we resorted to silencing anyone to obtain our freedom, let alone killing everyone.

which is the bottom-line difference between you, joshua, and me: you belong to a tribe that is willing to kill human life in order to get what you want - and you have weaved HUGE justifications around that most horrific choice of men, to take human life.

i belong to the tribe that holds all life precious, whether you agree with me or not. i do not ask you to move - i ask you to open your heart, your mind, your soul and if nothing else, challenge your beliefs that killing is justified only when it is done in our (u.s.a.) name.

i am merely working my hardest to stop the killing - ALL killing joshua. peace, zanne








____________________________________________________________________________________
Be a better friend, newshound, and

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home