Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Monday, January 19, 2009

Fatigues or Boas?

The military presence is HUGE in D.C., not to mention the police presence.

Squat, camouflaged hummer tanks sprawl across intersections and along the Mall; 10, 20 soldiers at a time march across sidewalks with backpacks and who knows what else dangling off their belts, and extend around doorways, driveways, metro entrances. Often two or three hooded soldiers stand barking orders: not there, get out the street, over here.

I ask you, imagine a line of soldiers in their full regalia lining up on a crowded street.

And then imagine a line of hot pink womyn lining up on a street. Who would you turn to, who would you rather have watching over you, keeping the peace?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home