Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Friday, January 09, 2009

First Camp Hope a smashing success!!! Yeah!!! to be continued

I don't have pics yet, but there were 6 to 8 peace activists lined up on the sidewalk in front of the Federal Building this morning!

Several brought different items expressing their hopes: one made a sign for spending no more of our tax dollars on war; another made several hot pink flowers with various messages of hope on it; another couple came with a photo of them working hard in Obama's campaign office; and still another brought a tiny pair of black patent leather shoes with hope for this small baby and peace written on the soles.

Channel 2 and Channel 4 news were there along with the local paper! The channel two fellow asked me how my truck was received in Reno. I told him the minute I turned off the interstate and headed up Virginia, a young man in a large pickup truck slowed to read every side of my truck and then passed me with a HUGE but shy smile, and waved with his thumb up!

Standing in front of the building for two hours, tons of folks passed honking loudly and giving us the peace symbol. One early 30's white male drove by twice in a large dually pickup to glare and hurl the finger. The only other negative response was a young white man, shaved head and tailored like a soldier in civvies, driving a new, flashy mercedes convertible, was infuriated that one of the protesters was holding a flag upside down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home