Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Friday, September 18, 2009

I WON!!!

I had to go to court this morning as Amy and I were arrested a few months back for "blocking the doorway of a business".

In this case, the "business" was that which is in the business of ensnaring our youth into the violent web of killers and cannon fodder for our empire.

We were told to leave because many new recruits were expected. About 4 young people had already entered the building. And sure enough, four more did come and did enter the building, but not before speaking with us.

Several youth did stay to talk with us after leaving the station. And the police were called and we were cited, a "citizen's arrest" they said.

Today when I went to court, my ticket had been reduced from misdemeanor to infraction - which many (guilty) would be thrilled as infractions do not carry hefty fines nor jail time.

But neither do infractions allow for jury trials nor lawyers - and I want BOTH!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home