Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Saturday, November 20, 2010

9 pesos per liter!!!

Yikes! I decide to fill up the diesel before leaving Hermosillo just in case - better safe than sorry and all that. Now I wish I had changed $200 yesterday instead of just a hundred. grrrrr

9 pesos a liter is like $3 a gallon - same as in the U.S. wow! The best thing is that I had space there - and help from a young man lifting the front as the decline I found wasn't sufficient - to change my little fuel filters, as the pressure gauge has been reading close to 0 forever now.

I changed both filters, made sooooooo easy by Shazam - thank you darlink forever! - and that one day we spent 5 hours looking for parts and then 45 minutes putting in shutoff valves. It takes me about 15 minutes to get all the tools together, the pan to catch any spill, dig out the filters and rags I need; close the shutoff valves, undo the clamps, replace the old filters, and tighten them back up again. Yeah!!!

Hope that makes the gauge scoot back to 18 or 20, which is where it is supposed to be. I'll stop on the road, heat up some of the food I made yesterday, make coffee, and go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home