Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Coming out... again


I seem to come out to the oddest people at the oddest times.

Sabino keeps talking with me as I soak in the hot water. Jose is apparently working for him, as he comes over, stands on the hill above us, and asks Sabino some questions.

When he leaves, Sabino turns to me with a big grin on his face. I should marry Jose he says. I laugh and he looks affronted.

Jose is nice-looking, a hard worker, single and is looking for a wife. Why me, I groan inwardly, shaking my head no.

There are other men in the pueblo, he continues to my groans.

I tell Sabino I’m looking for a wife too. His eyes open almost a wide as his mouth drops. I tell him, yes I’m a lesbian.

He says to me, you want a lady? I say, no, I want a womon.

He assures me he knows of such things, as he has lived in the u.s. He proceeds to tell me about a womon in Las Vegas whom everyone thought was ugly but she had the most beautiful wife. I tell him that he might not have been able to see her beauty but her wife certainly did.

We discuss why I love womyn – probably for similar reasons, and many more, that he loves womyn.

We talk about the ways in which men treat womyn. He says the womyn here understand the needs of men, especially while they are in the u.s. I ask him about the needs of womyn while they (men) are in the u.s. He says esperan, which I think means they wait or could mean they hope. Hmmmm

He likes speaking english with me and laughing at my halting Spanish. He says he will be my teacher for Spanish and I can help him with his english, although now that he’s retired, he doesn’t need english so much anymore.

Before he leaves, I tell him I want to meet his wife, which he heartily agrees to. Tomorrow morning, after my run, we say. After he leaves, I chuckle about the timing of my request and wonder if he’s concerned. Hahaha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home