Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Friday, December 03, 2010

Elsa


Elsa comes and hangs out at the truck with me when I return from the cyber café. She has 3 of her grandchildren with her, including one who is the youngest and shyest, 2 year old Estrella.

We talk, she’s been working, dispensing medicine at the clinica, and I’ve been not at school today, which is the big news for the town I think. I wonder if they know about christo and me! Hmmmm

I ask Elsa if there are any womyn in town who consider themselves feminists feministas. She kind of hangs her head, shaking ‘no’. I most likely look surprised when I say no one? Nunguina? Nunguina she replies.

Not even you, Elsa? I ask. Her two friends appear, a man and woman and we hit the beach. It is several minutes before I realize the smallest grandchild has disappeared.

People come and go so silently here. Someone had picked up the child without me noticing. How did they know she needed to be picked up? It’s really amazing, the community networking… I’d like to learn more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home