Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Thursday, December 16, 2010

In the eye

I look over and see a tall, rickety chain link fence running along the sidewalk, in front of an empty asphalt lot strewn with abandoned plastic bottles, jagged random cracks, scattered weeds pushing up thru the pavement.

I look up and see a tall cement wall of varying heights and widths, coming to join the fence at right angles, marking the edge of the lot.

I look through and see a light post sticking up several feet left of the wall and several feet behind chain link fence.

Someone has looked up and seen four corners to attach a tarp with rope to, forming a roof. Someone has looked down and seen a floor to anchor chairs, tables, and a rolling cooker to.

And others have looked in and seen a tasty meal, sugar treats, comrades, and flock to the plastic chairs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home