Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Saturday, January 15, 2011

California Dreaming….

The first restaurant I plan to go to looked so promising last night – California Cuisine! If anyone uses and changes veggie oil here, it should be them.

Several womyn stand inside the door, anticipating my entrance for an early lunch. I explain to them I am not there to eat, so sorry, but I am looking for veggie oil – usado!

Their curiosity and desire to help overwhelms their disappointment and quickly I am seated at a booth to wait for the right person.

Soon a short smiling man, dressed in white from head to toe, comes out from a distant hallway, drying his hands on his white apron. He explains to me, I think, that someone else picks up their oil.

Even though I’m fearing this might be the case, I persist and ask if he could possibly give the oil to me one time.

He of course responds that he would be glad to be they came this very morning and picked it all up. They will have more in a month.

What can I do? I’m beginning to suspect these people that come to these restaurants the very day I want oil. Are they reading my blog????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home