Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Sunday, January 23, 2011

My first - and last - veggie oil!

The wonderful guys and two womyn who work at the little restaurant on the beach are the nicest, funniest, and most kind people in Acapulco!

Poncho and Pablo, several days ago, enthusiastically gave me my very first container of oil, diving into their garbage, pulling out the plastic liter bottle 3/4's full of used veggie oil, covered with chunks of left-over dinners, tomatoes, papaya seeds, and who knows what else!

And today, they give me my last huge, 20 liter container of veggie oil that I will collect in Acapulco! The whole male staff comes out to the street with the container, to ew and aw over my truck, and to laugh hilariously at Poncho who keeps making some kind of jokes that I didn't understand.

I can't tell if he is calling me a witch (bruja), asking for a cigar (puro), and calling himself a donkey (burro)! I ask and the guys roar even louder.

They want to see inside the truck, my casa-camion, which I show them and they are duly impressed, especially after I tell them Shazam & I built it out of mostly used things!

They have already seen the veggie tank when they put the container in the back and they seem happy and proud to have contributed to my journey! I know I am very happy and pleased!

When I give them my blog card so they can read this post, Pablo is very upset to see that my name is "Xan" and not Suzana, which is the name I am going by here in Mexico.

After telling him several times "Oigame", I have to smack him to get him to hear that "Xan" is my name in the u.s. but that people here have a hard time pronouncing "Xan" so I went back to my full name.

I have to show him my driver's license to prove to him my full name. And I have to make him try to say "Xan", which he cannot - nor can anyone else!

He pouts and says Suzana is not a u.s.a. name so I sing "Oh Suzana, oh don't you cry for me", which adds much to the hilarity.

Poncho and the rest of the guys head back to the restaurant and I head to my parking place and the beach!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home