Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Sunday, February 13, 2011

The wonderful Irish womyn!


I begrudgingly resign myself to returning to San Cristobal even though it is farther away than Bochil, I have already be warned against staying in Bochil.

I ask my two rejected young friends if they want a ride down the hill and they eagerly jump in the truck. They are both amazing, articulate, committed, political young womyn and both have been here 7 or 8 years ago.

And they both jump in to help take care of me for the evening, night, and the school.

Nancy and Trease generously invite me to their home to spend the night and use their internet to find my acceptance letter.

I dread navigating the small, narrow streets with my huge truck, but these two womyn are confident they can help me find a street to park on. They know their way around San Cristobal, especially Nancy as she’s been here longer then Trease.

Their home ends up being very close to the Na Bolom Museum Bridget and I just visited less than a week ago, although it seems like many years have since passed.

The womyn figure out how to maneuver my truck through the narrow streets and I end up parking in front of the Museum. They help me carry my stuff for the nite to their beautiful house where they proceed to take good care of me with food, coffee, wireless access, and great conversation.

I find my acceptance letter and put it on a stick, as Trease has recommended, to go print it out.

My new friends find and accompany me around the corner to the copy place to print out my acceptance letter that I am hoping against all hopes will allow me entrance into the language school.

I add a note to it, with Trease helping me translate into Spanish, explaining the seeming discrepancy between my application name and my passport name.

Nancy has a book of the Mayan calendar astrological chart and she makes copies of all our charts, including mine. I find out my spirit guides are two birds I adore and am in awe of: the hawk and the hummingbird.

It is after midnite when I settle in and attempt to sleep for a few hours. I am going to try to connect with Stuart, the young white man with the Mexican Solidarity Network who is leaving between 6 and 7am from the corner where I first met him last week.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home