Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Consensus scrapped: Old world white patriarchy rules! "Voted" off the island!!!

I caravanned, with two other people, almost 4000 miles across the country, stopping in cities and towns to do protests and spread the “occupy freedom plaza” word, because I committed myself to the “Stop the (war & corporate) Machine, Create a New World" occupation beginning October 6th on Freedom Plaza, Washington D.C.

I am a womon who speaks truth to power, including the power of racism, sexism & misogyny, classism, homophobia, as well as the power of greed, exploitation of our environment, anti-organic foods, and anti-health.

So I came to D.C. to work together to stop wars and to help create a new world.

Weeeelll, tragically I found the same old affluent white male patriarchal dominated world thriving on the plaza, unwilling to commit to recognizing and being responsible for those barriers making the creation of a new world totally impossible.

I experienced such a staunch commitment to upholding this old world & hinder creating an inclusive new world, that my voice became so threatening the world order had to move to disempower me by removing me from the plaza.

It does not help that men outnumber womyn from 2-4 to one, and whites outnumber people of color probably 30 to 1.
Nor does it help that the members of the 99% (as we are calling ourselves) from the 'outside' of freedom plaza world, have become the 1% inside the plaza while the huge homeless population becomes the 99%.

We had the opportunity to face these issues creatively, compassionately, honestly. But once again, the old world order thrives and dominates.

1 Comments:

  • At 24/10/11 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm sick with frustration and grief at how Xan was just thrown off the plaza. I was there with her till just a few days ago when I left for home. From the beginning it was so hard seeing women silenced by men to the point that Medea disappeared herself earlier because of intense objections her very presence caused.I have yet to see the courage in speaking truth to power like Xan's and Medea in any of the organizers on the plaza.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home