Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Monday, October 31, 2011

Pitfalls of Occupy movement - to be continued

I'm pointing out the pitfalls of this movement in order to give ourselves the opportunity to address these pitfalls, thereby making us not only a stronger movement but a movement that will not merely end up parroting what we are supposedly trying to change.

The number one pitfalls are the "ISMS" - we are not addressing, re-dressing, and creating something new when we refuse to look at the ways in which we bring to Occupy all the isms of the greater world.


RACISM/WHITE SUPREMACY; SEXISM/PATRIARCHY; Heterosexism/homophobia; classism/oppression of the poor

The other huge pitfall is making the walk out of the talk: what are we eating? what are we drinking? how many resources, how much slave labor are we consuming/supporting? 

Buying used, going organic, recycling, composting - these should be the tangible EASY things we can prioritize and work on doing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home