Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Doing the math - to be continued

1% 99% - some folks are not sure what this means. 1 percent of our population controls over 51% of "our" resources. The rest of us, the 99%, have access to only 49% of our resources.

Of course, that 99% is also further broken down with something like 18% own the next 30%, etc.etc.etc. I wish I would have kept that pyramid break-down someone did at Occupy D.C.

So most OWS folks are saying that 1% should not control over 51% of our resources.

I agree - kind of. I believe that 51% of our resources needs to be taken from that 1% and distributed as reparations among the Indigenous People and African-American People of this nation, as well as the myriad of nations we have bombed, invaded, occupied since the beginning of the formation of the U.S.

The rest of the 49% of our wealth needs to be redistributed equitably among the 100% of our people.

Even with 'just' 49% of our wealth - providing we end all wars - we will still have more than enough for EVERYONE to live comfortably, and pursue a REALLY meaningful life, instead of pursuing the American Nitemare.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home