Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Friday, November 04, 2011

On the glorification of the cannon fodder... i.e. veterans day

We need to end glorification of the military, including the fear of 'appearing' anti-vet. Veterans are not gods but human beings who have been used as instruments of war and cannon fodder. Veterans Day, in our military industrial complex's propaganda campaign to make wars palatable, co-opted Armistice Day, which was the recognition of the cessation of war, not the glorification of the instruments of war.

Let us reclaim Veterans Day as Armistice Day and vow to END ALL WARS NOW!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home