Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Another red eye

We've made it, stand-by onto the plane for Senegal - a plane delayed several hours because of the scary-exciting thunderstorms dumped on NYC today! Not delayed enough to give me only one airplane trip - if I fly within the same 24 hour period, it counts as one flight - but we're crossing over into maybe 8 hours ahead of east coast time.

The plane is thankfully half empty - we get the luxury economy seats so both Tessie & I can lay down across our own three seats and sleep the night away!

It is an 8 1/2 hour trip but we will not land until around noon Senegal time. I try to put my misgivings aside, to focus my abilities on seeking the best healing for Jasi, to gather my energy in support of my daughter in this healing quest.

And to soak in Senegal, Africa - Africa! I can't believe it. The awe and wonder of me, a single AFDC mom, now an anti-war activist who has eliminated all I can from my life, who is committed to living on less then $500 a month - me flying off the continent of the U.S., across the huge expanse of the Atlantic Ocean, to be a little dot on the mighty continent of Africa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home