Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Look me in the eye!!

The crows are out in force today, calling loudly from tall tree tops. Everything in this forest seems tall and skinny - not like our trees, maybe 30 or 40 feet tall on average and I don't see many trees I couldn't put my arms around.

But it is also beautiful in it's own way. The maples and others are turning bright red, elms and others are turning pretty orange or yellow, and lots are still green. The grounds are littered with layers of brown winter leaves!

There are some ground squirrels and maybe deer, altho they disappear so quickly, I can only hear them and see a glimpse of bright white short tails sticking up in the air.

I stomp loudly around today, exploring the last rv camping loop at the end of the road, as well as going down to the warm lake again and being enveloped in her calm. I'm on the lookout for cottonmouth snakes, as I'm told they like to hang out by and in the water. I like to steer clear of such creatures - but I wouldn't mind a glance or so.

I understand the venomous snakes have vertical eyes, like kittens - and the non-poisonous ones have round or oval eyes. Not that I'm looking any such creatures in the eye...

And I'm sooooo happy to report the sun has come out this afternoon, is shining brightly and warming up the whole place!

And campers are packing up and leafin us almost empty - as long as they leave the bathrooms clean.... that's all i ask!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home