Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Our adventure awaits....

Jasi & I catch a morning plane to St. Louis, MO - we're on our way to a road trip adventure!

Finafuckinly, after almost 5 months of waiting and waiting, broken promises, unfulfilled deadlines, a couple of breaking and entering, wrong and missing parts, my truck is ready to roll!

We land in drizzly but warm St. Louis, gather our luggage, and board the Metro Line to the Amtrak Station. Here at the Amtrak, we can catch a train to Springfield, Illinois, where my truck awaits our arrival - as do the Sangamon Diesel folks.

I plug in my computer and Jasi's Nabi at the counter of outlets provided for Amtrak customers. A young woman has her computer and phone plugged in next to ours.

Jasi has to go pee - so we ask our neighbor to watch our computers and around the corner we go. Jasi's pee turns into a poop (this child has famously long poops) but no rush - our train doesn't depart for another 2 hours.

He has finally completed his deposit in the toilet, and we head back out, only to bump into the young womon hurrying to find us - someone has grabbed Jasi's Nabi and ran out the door!

The 'security' officer has called the police. He demands my information as if I'm under arrest. Then he lectures me about watching my things. As if...

Jasi & I speak about why this person would grab his Nabi - maybe he is hungry, maybe he doesn't have a home - for sure he must be desperate to grab something that might net him $20 if that much, and probably jail time if he is caught.

I don't know how much my daughter spent for this piece of technology - it really comes in handy, when flying or traveling long hours, entertaining Jasi with books, stories, games. Now it will feed someone maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home