Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Sunday, July 05, 2015

Rain, rescues, and review



Rain rain rain!!! I woke up in the middle of the night to a down pour, steady, rhythmic, prolonged wet rain & I knew immediately I wasn’t in California!

Today, I was up to a nice cool morning, either at 5 or 4, depending on east coast time or Midwest time – we’re exactly on the line. I was able to do my exercises, get my vitamins in order for the day, check my email only – nothing else works in this spot….grrrrr – and reviewed a few pages of my book before Ellen came to further orient me to the land.

It is really amazing, these courageous womyn probably all over 65 who have lived here, built their own houses, promote ecological living, and create & build community. Of course, it is always at the surface of my awareness, these are all white womyn – at least they were the last time I was here. 

There’s a new womon from texas who’s just moved in to one of the lots. I’m sad to assume she’s probably white also. I’m told she rescued 17 dogs after Katrina. I have to stare in wonder and keep myself from asking how many people she rescued – Black people from the 9th ward, the ward hit the hardest by first the flooding and then the gentrification.

I don’t ask – yet. I want to meet the dog rescuer & then maybe I’ll ask.

I brought in my kitchen stuff this morning also, including coffee and spices. I cooked a pot of rice to munch on and made my daily green drink. I couldn’t bring myself to buy much fresh fruit as I can’t believe how expensive it is – I shop the Berkeley Bowl too much – so I’m making do with orange juice. Lots of dill and fresh coriander (which I already have) makes my green drink sans berries and apples not just tolerable but tasty.

I’ve reviewed my book up to page 26 – I hope to finish to page 44 today. I wonder how many book pages a typewritten page makes. If it’s only one to one, maybe I’m writing a booklet instead… hahahaha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home