Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Saturday, October 08, 2016

Yikes! Oil spill!!!

I have a real oil 'spill' this morning....grrrrr. Thank goodness the security truck that had been parked 3 spaces down from my truck took off moments before my tank overflowed!

I have spent the night at the rest stop about 25 miles north of Nogales where I am going to join the march to the border in about an hour.

Before leaving, I decided to paint another t-shirt, this one sleeveless in deference to the 90 degree intense heat, but the same message: "Death to Racism" on the front, and "Abolish Prison, Police" on the back with "Disarm All Men" as an added message underneath.

At the same time, I know I only pumped about 50 gallons of veggie oil into my main tank and I've traversed close to 500 miles. I don't want to run out before arriving at Nogales so I decide to pump another 50 gallons into my main tank while painting my t-shirt.

Of course, the minute I'm done painting, I leave the back and go to the side door in order check the solar system is still operating at maximum potential, which it is. As I return casually to the back, I see to my horror the tank is full and pumping veggie oil onto the ground...YIKES!

Fortunately I remember where the shut-off switch is and stopping the torrent of thick oil puddling on the ground. I use a towel to wipe down my truck and sop up some of the oil on the ground. I find a large plastic bag to shove the soaked towel into, screw the lid on the tank, close the valves, lower the door, and take off.

I was planning on returning to this rest stop after today's actions but now I think I better not.... oy vey...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home