Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Go to Heavan...

So I jump out my truck and there's an older white man in Florida digs - shorts, sandals and t-shirt - behind my truck serious peering thru his phone and taking pictures.

I prepare myself as I approach him. He tells me he's been following me for a few miles, wondering if he should try to pull me over but when he saw me making a u-turn he knew I was heading for Whole Foods.

He kept repeating "I just had to know who was driving this truck!" I kinda felt he was pro but I didn't want to assume. Finally he starts telling me how happy he is, how wonderful I am, and how necessary the messages are on my truck.

He tells me he's a christian so he'll not say he wants (grimace...no name) to go strate to heavan, not hell, because he's not that kind of a christian. His only concession is that he wants it to happen today, NOW. Please god, make him go to heaven, he begs.

I tell him I'm not a christian & I really don't care where he goes as long as it is out of power & as long as he takes all his cronies with him.

He laughs loudly and says he HAS to get a picture of us together in front of the back of the truck. He doesn't have to ask twice.

He tells me he's already sent a couple to his wife but he wants to send this one with us both. I urge him to also go around to the other side and take that picture too, the End Violence Against Womyn & Children.

I ask if he knows about hashtag Say Her Name, which he doesn't until I explain. He shakes his head knowingly and demands the same fate for those police officers: heavan NOW!

We part ways, he telling me fervently "god bless you" about 20 times. I grin and say "and Lesbians  bless you!" as we smile broadly and go our separate ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home