Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Monday, August 21, 2017

We the People RESIST Threats to our Democracy!

I'm walking around Bar Harbor trying to avoid listening to tRump's announcement ratcheting up war against Afghanistan, trying to get the feel of this busy ritzy predominantly white tourist town built on the island where white colonizers first 'encountered' the original people on this land and began their planned intentional mass genocide.

I have learned there are three reservations in the area and a museum named after one of the genociders Abbe that stock artifacts of the ancient and present peoples of this land. I ask if they're considering changing the name of the museum and the white workers there admit it's under consideration - controversial consideration.

Tomorrow there is "decolonizing the museum" meeting that I'm inspired to go to.
 
As I walk around, I see this sign in the window of a little house just down from the museum, off the Village Green in Bar Harbor!

Times they are a-changin...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home