Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Sunday, October 27, 2019

Not to miss ... the awesome Brownsville Library...


            I’m in one of the busiest libraries I’ve ever been in – it’s like the Berkeley Bowl on a Saturday! I’m trying to figure out why. It is not really that big although it is new, freezing cold, and has several other resources besides the library. There’s a café that seems to be very popular, and a community room where there’s a free health screening being offered although I don’t see many people in there.
            There’s some kind of game tables upstairs over the computer room which has rows and rows of occupied computers.
            The scattered arm chairs and sofas are all mostly occupied as well as the tables that line the walls and the rows.
            And it’s open until 8pm on Sunday – that’s today – although it didn’t open until 1pm…

            I know I’ve said the best thing about this country – and almost the only best thing – are the national parks, but libraries also come in very close to the top. You can almost always count on a clean toilet and fast free internet when traveling! Plus lots of information freely given by the helpful librarians. In the olden days, it was also a sure-fire way to connect with lesbians: the libraries and the early food co-ops!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home