Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Sunday, May 10, 2020

C.V. and bike paths

Today we will ride a rarely used bike trail less than 5 miles from my daughter's house. There are tons of paved bike trails in Atlanta, which is news to me - not that I've ever spent so much time here. Actually I did spend over 4 months here when my daughter was preggers and after Dhabu was born but I was very busy supporting the new mom as best I could and slipping into the role of grandmother. We didn't do any bike riding but lots of movie-watching the three or four weeks before he came protesting into this world.

Now we're doing a lot more bike-riding, usually along the green belt but today we tried a different trail and as we were promised, we were almost the only people on the trail. We made it 5 miles from our starting point out to the deserted campus of Georgia State and the 5 miles back.

The most exciting (for me) was the discovery of bear scat on the path, after we spent many minutes gathering wild black berries growing abundantly along the side of the trail.

My grandson slips his face mask over his eyes when we take a kodak moment break

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home